Spiked City DC Volleyball COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
We are excited to return to play at Spiked City DC Volleyball! We have been given guidance and instructions from USAV, CHRVA, District of Columbia and the State of Maryland so that we can resume club activities. We are very excited to be back and we are putting emphasis on safety. There will be procedures in place to maximize the safety of everyone involved. However, as USAV has stated, “Until COVID-19 is either eradicated, a vaccine is developed, or a cure is found, there is no way to completely eliminate the risk of infection...”
Before Leaving Home:
1. All Participants in any program taking place at Spiked City DC are responsible to sign our new General Participation Waiver.
2. Participants/Staff are to check temperatures before coming to Spiked City DC. If your temperature is 100.4 or greater (per the CDC), stay home and be fever free for 48 hours before returning to Spiked City DC. Do not come if you or your child are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19.
● Difficulty breathing
● Fever (100.4 F or above)
● Sore throat
● Loss of taste or smell
3. Pack extra water bottles and bring plenty of water. Our drinking fountains will be turned off.
4. Wash your hands. We will ask everyone to wash their hands upon arrival, but ask you wash your hands immediately before leaving your home as well.
Upon Arrival at Spiked City DC:
1. Do not arrive or exit your car more than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled session time.
2. Only coaches and athletes will be allowed in the building. Parents must stay in their cars and may not walk around campus.
3. All athletes will enter and exit through the front doors of the Athletic Republic, while maintaining 6’ of social distancing. Please wash your hand or use hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
4. All athletes and coaches will be temperature checked when they arrive with a forehead non-contact thermometer. Any person with a 100 degree or more temperature must leave the building.
5. After being temperature checked, you will be checked in and can proceed into the gym.
6. While not playing/on the court, everyone must wear a face mask
7. Do not congregate or share ANYTHING with other athletes ex.(water, hair ties, phones, etc.)
During Your Session:
1. No contact or high fives.
2. Each session will have one group per court.
3. Stay in your designated areas on the court.
4. Listen closely to coach instructions
5. Restrooms should only be used for emergency situations, please maintain social distancing if you have to use them.
6. Athletes must maintain 6’ of social distancing during water breaks
Leaving From Spiked City DC:
1. All athletes will wash their hands and place volleyballs in a designated location for staff to sanitize.
2. Athletes will have 5 minutes to gather all belongings and exit the gym. Parents please arrive 5 minutes early for pick up.
3. There will be no lost and found. Anything left at the gym will be disposed of immediately.
4. Once home, shower immediately, wash your clothes and water bottles.
1. Balls, Carts, Volleyball equipment will be sanitized before/after use for any session.
2. All High Touch areas will be cleaned nighty (bathrooms, door handles, desk, etc.)
USA Volleyball has issued a list of protective actions they recommend you take. Check it out below:
● Most importantly, if you have a respiratory illness or fever, please stay home.
● Avoid contact with sick people (if you’re sick, limit contact with others).
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
● Cover your nose and mouth with something disposable (like a tissue) when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
● Clean frequently touched items (cell phones, airplane seating area -tray table, screens, windows, arm rests, air vents, etc.).
● Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
● It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
● Bring extra hand sanitizer with you to all events.